Increased Player Stash

Want to share your mod with the world? Feel free!

Increased Player Stash

Postby kalamari157 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:15 am

Hello there! Everyone has wanted a larger stash, and I found a way to make it so!

Should work as of latest patch. Date set of files is 2099.

Note: All this does is make it so that you can place items in the Consumables and Spells tabs. This gives you a total of 416 slots for armor/weapons.
Another note: Very buggy when trying to pick up items. It tends to switch back and forth between tabs a lot. It's really dumb.

Tools you need:
Increased Stash
(Gonna whore myself)
Increased Stash AdF.ly link
About 1MB of free hard drive space. (Don't worry, it is very fast)

Just extract INCREASED_INVENTORY to where your PAK directory is.
Example:

Congratulations! More space!
Last edited by kalamari157 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
| How to extract/edit TL2 item files, V012 [With images] I am no longer active in the modding community. If you wish to take a project that I have made, besides the 'How to extract/edit TL2 item files', and change it as your own, you may do so.
kalamari157

Re: Increased Player Stash

Postby huntermanz » Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:31 pm

wow you beat me to this....i just got done uploading the file to start a post and i noticed your post lol ...only thing i did differently was leave the last tab for scrolls/fish/potions/spells only

either way this is exciting that we are starting to be able to do more and more :)

As a side note you should warn people that this will delete any potions or scrolls they have in there middle tab, unfortunately i dont think theres a way to avoid this cause no matter what inventory you put them its affected by the inventory mod.
huntermanz

Postby kalamari157 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:32 pm

Yea, it seems really goofy how the game code works for these. Thanks for trying also!
| How to extract/edit TL2 item files, V012 [With images] I am no longer active in the modding community. If you wish to take a project that I have made, besides the 'How to extract/edit TL2 item files', and change it as your own, you may do so.
kalamari157

Postby Ordoxous » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:34 pm

I had a mod like this uploaded for about 20 mins before i took it down, found my one to be too glitchy with item placement, also
As a side note you should warn people that this will delete any potions or scrolls they have in there middle tab, unfortunately i dont think theres a way to avoid this cause no matter what inventory you put them its affected by the inventory mod.
, if you allow potions and spells to be put anywhere aswell by adjusting what can go into each slot type without changing which slot type each specific container uses it doesn't delete the items.
Ordoxous

Postby FOE » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:49 am

Hello kalamari157,

Very nice ... :D :mrgreen:

Thanks!
Servus, Erwin
--
Intel DP35DP, Intel QuadCore Q6600, 4096 MB DDR2, GeForce GTX260/216, FujSie L22W-8, Win7 Pro x64
--
» My Torchlight 1 Char's @ German Fansite Torchlight Source
FOE

Postby shimmy83 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:05 am

Very cool, a useful mod indeed. Are you flagged with this mod enabled?
shimmy83

Postby kalamari157 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:27 am

I wouldn't think you would be since it's just allowing items to be placed somewhere else.
kalamari157

Postby huntermanz » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:11 am

Ordoxous wrote:I had a mod like this uploaded for about 20 mins before i took it down, found my one to be too glitchy with item placement, also
, if you allow potions and spells to be put anywhere aswell by adjusting what can go into each slot type without changing which slot type each specific container uses it doesn't delete the items.

Oh you are right...in this inventory mod it would not delete them, cause all items are allowed in all slots..my mistake :)
huntermanz

Postby mastersword130 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:29 pm

So does this mod delete potions and scroll? yes or no?
mastersword130

Postby nilla888 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:54 am

I had a lot of scrolls in my inventory before and they where still there after installing this.

I however deleted it afterwards as I could not stand the buggy part; but it's still great if you really want that extra space.
nilla888

Postby Valdacil » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:43 pm

Works as advertised. I lost no potions or scrolls (or fish or anything else). I was also pleased to see that it works on my inventory, my pets inventory, and the stash (both shared and individual). This has allowed me to go much longer before having to make a trip to town (or send the pet off). The bugginess is pretty annoying when you want an item to go to an particular place, but I can work around it for the most part.

Obviously not a simple thing to do and probably not possible until (or perhaps even after) the official tools are released, but it would be nice if when you hit the sort button that it moved potions, fish, and scrolls to the last tab and everything else to the first tab. Pipe dream, just throwing it out there if this gets more development once the tools come out.

EDIT: I posted above after testing this yesterday. Unfortunately the patch that came out today (10/4/12) broke the posted version of this. A warning, if you have equipment items on any of the potion or scroll screens (self, pet, stashes), they will be lost when the patch is loaded (via Steam or manually).
Valdacil

Postby kalamari157 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:39 am

Updated and should be working now.
kalamari157

Postby upyzl » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:50 pm

Does it support 1.12.X.7?
Thx in advance!
upyzl

Postby Nythain » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:57 pm

upyzl wrote:Does it support 1.12.X.7?
Thx in advance!

Valdacil wrote:EDIT: I posted above after testing this yesterday. Unfortunately the patch that came out today (10/4/12) broke the posted version of this. A warning, if you have equipment items on any of the potion or scroll screens (self, pet, stashes), they will be lost when the patch is loaded (via Steam or manually).

kalamari157 wrote:Updated and should be working now.

Seriously answered in the two posts directly before yours :oops:
My TL2 Mods:
No More Scrolls - viewtopic.php?f=48&t=43701
Change Enchanters - viewtopic.php?f=48&t=43659
Nythain

Postby Valdacil » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:29 pm

Confirmed working with most recent version post patch.
Valdacil

Postby Budica99 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:19 am

This is a good start but even better would be if someone figured out a way to add in some of the tabs for the shared stash. :ugeek:

I don't think there's room to add extra tabs in the main user stash but there might be in the shared stash. *Fingers crossed*
Budica99

Postby kalamari157 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:23 am

As far as I know the tabs are based in the .layout files which are un-accessible right now.
kalamari157

Postby thedemoninside » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:10 pm

Ideally, I would like to see as many as 4 or 5 tabs for single and shared stash with this mod. Basically just remove/repurpose the potion and spell tabs to be regular tabs like it is now, but have a total of 4 or 5 tabs. Maybe put a bag icon on all the tabs.

Would be sweet to start with 3 as default, then purchase the other 2(hopefully more!)

Obviously this can't really be done yet, but that's how I envision a stash mod in this game.
thedemoninside

Postby MorpH » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:55 pm

I did some testing by changing the space from 32 to 48, it puts the items in slots but they can't be obtained due to the inability to scroll and/or the UI not scaling correctly. But the slots are there and they get highlighted like empty ones do, you just can't get to them unless you find a way to rescale the UI to get some more space. Until the editor comes out that's probably not possible right now.
MorpH

Postby Metalhaven » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:30 pm

This is sweet!
Metalhaven

Next

Return to Mod Showcase