Announcing Torchlight 2 Rapid Respec

Want to share your mod with the world? Feel free!

Re: Announcing Torchlight 2 Rapid Respec

Postby myhideout6 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:47 am

Faria1st wrote:
orion21 wrote:I'd like to request a ZIP or RAR file. I don't need 7zip except for this one, so ... if I'm not alone with this, I'd suggest you upload it in a different format. :)

Why not just install 7zip? Considering 7zip handles all formats (zip, rar, etc) it's better anyway.... and it is free.

winrar can open the 7zip file what's the big deal?
Cheaters Never Prosper! :) Our World is riddled with Cheats and Frauds good thing they downloaded Rapid Respec or i would probably keep trying to accept their quest!
Steam = mikerobinsond
myhideout6

Postby RaffendyAD » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:56 am

First of all I want to say thank you for this great tool, however, I have a question regarding the clone features.
I tried cloning my level 5 outlander and it's working fine and all, but when I tried to clone my level 57 berserker somehow the game always freezes in the loading screen. Is there a fix for this? Or am I doing something wrong?
And does cloning your character removes the flag? Because I used the console to respec my character's stat and skill point when I first started playing and back then I didn't really care but now I do lol
RaffendyAD

Postby Terikan » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:39 am

what's the point of using 7zip, or a rar, or a gz, or a tar, etc, lol. Why not just use a zip. Is 7zip paying you? If so I think that's cool, but otherwise I just don't get it.
Terikan

Postby Sogetsu » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:53 am

Terikan wrote:what's the point of using 7zip, or a rar, or a gz, or a tar, etc, lol. Why not just use a zip. Is 7zip paying you? If so I think that's cool, but otherwise I just don't get it.

It promotes the Open Source Software and also Free, that is why maybe. Also you can handle ANY type of compressed file with almost any Compression Program, so what is the point?

I can use WinZip and anyways compress it on .RAR or .7Z
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sogetsu

Postby glez13 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:48 pm

Finally what I always wanted. Never understood why Runic wouldn't let us do something similar to this when finishing the game or when starting a NG+. Now I don't have to restart from zero my messed up characters. :)
glez13

Postby Chthon » Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:05 pm

RaffendyAD wrote:First of all I want to say thank you for this great tool, however, I have a question regarding the clone features.
I tried cloning my level 5 outlander and it's working fine and all, but when I tried to clone my level 57 berserker somehow the game always freezes in the loading screen. Is there a fix for this? Or am I doing something wrong?
And does cloning your character removes the flag? Because I used the console to respec my character's stat and skill point when I first started playing and back then I didn't really care but now I do lol

It's a bug. Delete the clone and TL2 will work again. The fix will happen when/if I figure out the cause of the bug.

No, cloning does not remove the console flag. Removing the console flag will be a new feature when I have time to find the console flag.

Falacer wrote:
Falacer wrote:Are the points on the Attributes tab only the ones we have spent or what shows currently (including bonus from armor/weapons)?

Since you are online Chthon am I right to assume these are the points we assigned from gaining new levels? So if my STR show 5 at some point and time I put 5 points into STR?

It's the 40 points you started with, plus points from leveling up. It does not count attribute bonuses from items. If you want to only deal with points earned through leveling, leave "class-based attribute floors" checked at all times.

Terikan wrote:what's the point of using 7zip, or a rar, or a gz, or a tar, etc, lol. Why not just use a zip. Is 7zip paying you? If so I think that's cool, but otherwise I just don't get it.

Smaller file size, faster downloads, less bandwidth consumed.
Torchlight 2 Rapid Respec - Putting the "hack" in "hack-n-slash"
StashNinja - INFINITE Stash for Torchlight 2
NullMod - Play together in the same multiplayer game with different mods!
Chthon

Postby Falacer » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:06 pm

Chthon wrote:
Falacer wrote:
Falacer wrote:Are the points on the Attributes tab only the ones we have spent or what shows currently (including bonus from armor/weapons)?

Since you are online Chthon am I right to assume these are the points we assigned from gaining new levels? So if my STR show 5 at some point and time I put 5 points into STR?

It's the 40 points you started with, plus points from leveling up. It does not count attribute bonuses from items. If you want to only deal with points earned through leveling, leave "class-based attribute floors" checked at all times.

Gotcha, thanks!
Falacer

Postby Salan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:50 am

that clockworks website would be a great place to host the non modding tools like the Sharedstash swapper and hub in a centralized place, but I think some of these might have other websites as well..

otherway, its a great addition to the community!
Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!

Salan

Postby trevallion » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:10 am

I also had a problem with cloning a high level character. I think it is related to cloning NG+ characters. Experienced a crash while trying to load up a clone of my NG+ engineer. His location on the character select screen said ??? instead of the location for the original character. Cloned a few other characters, including a berserker who had finished the game but not yet started NG+. Their locations all matched the originals and they loaded just fine. Then I cloned my NG+ outlander. He had the ??? location on the character select screen and crashed the game when I tried to load him. The first time I tried loading the engineer I had altered his skills (wanted to see what a completely different build would be like without messing up the original). Second time I tried loading the engineer I made a fresh clone without changing anything and it still crashed. Hope any of this helps you chase it down. I can provide files too, if you like.
trevallion

Postby Chthon » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:48 am

trevallion wrote:I also had a problem with cloning a high level character. I think it is related to cloning NG+ characters. Experienced a crash while trying to load up a clone of my NG+ engineer. His location on the character select screen said ??? instead of the location for the original character. Cloned a few other characters, including a berserker who had finished the game but not yet started NG+. Their locations all matched the originals and they loaded just fine. Then I cloned my NG+ outlander. He had the ??? location on the character select screen and crashed the game when I tried to load him. The first time I tried loading the engineer I had altered his skills (wanted to see what a completely different build would be like without messing up the original). Second time I tried loading the engineer I made a fresh clone without changing anything and it still crashed. Hope any of this helps you chase it down. I can provide files too, if you like.

Yes, please send me the file from which you produced a bad clone.

Salan wrote:that clockworks website would be a great place to host the non modding tools like the Sharedstash swapper and hub in a centralized place, but I think some of these might have other websites as well..

otherway, its a great addition to the community!

I would be happy to host any TL2-related projects that anyone wants hosted.
Chthon

Postby LLee » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:55 am

trevallion wrote:I also had a problem with cloning a high level character. I think it is related to cloning NG+ characters...

Not necessarily. I tried cloning a character that had just beat the game and was not in any NG. The game failed to load with her clone.
LLee

Postby myhideout6 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:47 pm

LLee wrote:
trevallion wrote:I also had a problem with cloning a high level character. I think it is related to cloning NG+ characters...

Not necessarily. I tried cloning a character that had just beat the game and was not in any NG. The game failed to load with her clone.

was your characters upgraded from previous patches any character I upgraded had this bug ones created of current patch worked well.
All the upgraded characters can only have same length name on my end
Cheaters Never Prosper! :) Our World is riddled with Cheats and Frauds good thing they downloaded Rapid Respec or i would probably keep trying to accept their quest!
Steam = mikerobinsond
myhideout6

Postby LLee » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:31 pm

myhideout6 wrote:
Spoiler: show
LLee wrote:

was your characters upgraded from previous patches any character I upgraded had this bug ones created of current patch worked well.
All the upgraded characters can only have same length name on my end

I concur with your findings. I was able to successfully clone a character which was created in a previous patch (and played/saved in the new patch) only if the clone's name was the same length as the original. I could create clones with names of any length with a character I created just now for testing.
LLee

Postby myhideout6 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:43 pm

So editing characters upgraded from previous patches before the compatibility of the editor Has issues but works with experimenting

Have Fun :)
Also be careful :)
Steam = mikerobinsond
myhideout6

Postby Chthon » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:38 pm

New feature for the next release:

This is going to drive the d2jsp shills absolutely crazy. :D
Chthon

Postby Faria1st » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:17 pm

You are the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Faria1st

Postby myhideout6 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:00 am

Holy lmao you sir are awesome lol
Steam = mikerobinsond
myhideout6

Postby LLee » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:01 am

Chthon wrote:New feature for the next release:

Can not see image! :cry: What is this wonderful feature?
LLee

Postby Gaffenberg » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:34 am

Chthon wrote:
Gaffenberg wrote:
Carbon wrote:For most of the time when I try to change something like a Name or gold amount or anything like that, the program crashes for me

Same here only after i changed name of my engi the program got stuck and crashed. Now when i want to choose my char from the list it says : could not parse file.
ALSO my char ingame is deleted!! Gone is my rank 57 engi with 21 fame levels :cry:

Btw when i click the name/message: could not parse file in selectionbox i get this: ERROR! Parse error on classstring

SO i guess its just a deadend here

What falacer said. Just go pull the highest numbered backup out of the save\TL2RapidRespec Backups\ directory and you'll be fine.

Also,
1. Are you using steam?
2. Please send me a copy of the backup file so I can find the problem.

Problem is already fixed, I never mentioned that I didnt back up my files :D I did tho. It was never meant to be a plea of hopelesness, so sorry for the confusion and thanx for all the constructive feedback.
Gaffenberg

Postby axo » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:47 am

LLee wrote:
Chthon wrote:New feature for the next release:

Can not see image! :cry: What is this wonderful feature?

You can remove the cheater flag status if you have ever used the console :P

Here's another link if you want to see the pic: http://i.imgur.com/X4iah.png
axo

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Showcase