ENB series - A much darker Torchlight 2

Want to share your mod with the world? Feel free!

ENB series - A much darker Torchlight 2

Postby Mikesla » Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:51 am

Hi.

I came across this mod, and thought I would share it with the rest of you. I do not recommend using the DarkerUI mod with this because it just gets way too dark (health & mana globes cannot be seen properly).

Download Link: http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/vbdown ... &fileid=57

[Screenshots]
Spoiler: show

[Screenshots Outside (night)]

Enjoy!
What is this Guy up to now? Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Justallino ... ature=mhee
Mikesla

Re: ENB series - A much darker Torchlight 2

Postby Salan » Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:40 pm

This is very interesting!

thank you for sharing!
Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!

Salan

Postby roundhousespank » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:31 am

Looks frikking awesome on the screenshots!
Will definatly try it later on

Looking forward to a bit more gloomy atmosphere :)
roundhousespank

Postby evilmogwai » Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:29 am

Nice mod.
evilmogwai

Postby Mikesla » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:33 am

Hi.

Just to remind everyone, I didn't make this edit. All the credit goes too "cronus22331" on the Torchlight 2 fansite. I only posted it here for you folks too enjoy!

It's a pretty cool edit, but make sure that you do not run the DarkerUI with this ENB shader because the Health, and Mana globes do not show up clearly.

Thank You cronus22331

Enjoy!!! ;)
What is this Guy up to now? Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Justallino ... ature=mhee
Mikesla

Postby Tastysheeps » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:48 am

Wow thats really dark. i like it from what i see here. i tried the Darkd3 shader which is good too, ill make sure to try this out when i get off work.

Edit: Installing mod now, will let you know how I like it if the hurricane doesnt blow up my tower.
runicID:TASTYSHEEPS steamID:XNANOCHEFX -Feel free to add me c:
Tastysheeps

Postby DigitalMonster » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:22 pm

Anyway to make the menu not as dark and the colors seem a little faded too.
DigitalMonster

Postby clay65 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:10 pm

DigitalMonster wrote:Anyway to make the menu not as dark and the colors seem a little faded too.

I also was trying to modify settings a bit with ENB... and the results didn't like me enough to release it, cause it could be good for me and for my PC spec, but totally upset for other people...
Most of the Sections are totally useless in TL II, or cannot be easily configured (at least by me ... :D), so I only "played a bit" with [COLORCORRECTION].
...just for an example, I'm using this one, on a GEFFO GTX460 and a SAMSUNG LCD :
Code: Select all
[COLORCORRECTION]
DarkeningAmountDay=100
DarkeningAmountNight=-10
GammaCurveDay=4
GammaCurveNight=4
ColorSaturationDay=-1
ColorSaturationNight=1
ScreenLevelDay=60
ScreenLevelNight=40
UsePaletteTexture=0

I think that you can easily try yourself and find what's the best for you... but a thing that I always see, is that the Menu is very often DARKER than the Game... I'd like to know why...

Here --> http://enbdev.com/doc_colorcorrection_en.htm you can find a more detailed Readme for that Section (..and for all the rest, if you wanna try...) than the readme in the .ZIP.

Good testing... :P
clay65

Postby Tastysheeps » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:47 am

I tried this mod too and the biggest IRK was when in the vendor screen the menues are light, but when you scroll over an item it gets too dark to read. This definitely requires tweaking on the users part. does changing these settings do anything permanently? Ive deleted the 2 files but my game colors still look a bit off, i may just be hallucinating.
Tastysheeps

Postby clay65 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:42 am

Tastysheeps wrote:I tried this mod too and the biggest IRK was when in the vendor screen the menues are light, but when you scroll over an item it gets too dark to read. This definitely requires tweaking on the users part. does changing these settings do anything permanently? Ive deleted the 2 files but my game colors still look a bit off, i may just be hallucinating.

As I partially already said, the result can differ a lot , based first af all on your videocard, but on your monitor too, so I think it HAVE TO be setted up a bit (apart from your own personal taste, eventually...)...
About "your feelings", i don't think it's possible... the ENB project it's only using the INI file to give instruction to its modified D3D9.DLL (the one that we put into the Game folder) so that, as it's usual for
most of the games, that DLL mod will be used instead of the same DLL that you already have in you WINDOWS/SYSTEM32 folder.
It's the modded D3D9.DLL itself that it's calling at the ENBSERIES.INI file, so it is the only way to have its modified config working, and even just renaming the DLL it's enough to stop all of it.
As soon as the game won't find THAT EXACT DLL NAME into its primary folder, the default SYSTEM32 DLL will be used, so i never saw anything modified permanently in any game I used it.
clay65

Postby revel911 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:47 am

USED ENB in the past for a few other games, they work real nice once you find that perfect balance. I hope everyone post here which setting work best for you.

Really excited to try this added to the Texturing SSO is doing here:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=40681
revel911

Postby Tastysheeps » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:03 am

clay65 wrote:
Tastysheeps wrote:I tried this mod too and the biggest IRK was when in the vendor screen the menues are light, but when you scroll over an item it gets too dark to read. This definitely requires tweaking on the users part. does changing these settings do anything permanently? Ive deleted the 2 files but my game colors still look a bit off, i may just be hallucinating.

As I partially already said, the result can differ a lot , based first af all on your videocard, but on your monitor too, so I think it HAVE TO be setted up a bit (apart from your own personal taste, eventually...)...
About "your feelings", i don't think it's possible... the ENB project it's only using the INI file to give instruction to its modified D3D9.DLL (the one that we put into the Game folder) so that, as it's usual for
most of the games, that DLL mod will be used instead of the same DLL that you already have in you WINDOWS/SYSTEM32 folder.
It's the modded D3D9.DLL itself that it's calling at the ENBSERIES.INI file, so it is the only way to have its modified config working, and even just renaming the DLL it's enough to stop all of it.
As soon as the game won't find THAT EXACT DLL NAME into its primary folder, the default SYSTEM32 DLL will be used, so i never saw anything modified permanently in any game I used it.

Okay thanks for that explanation :) put my paranoia to rest.
Tastysheeps

Postby SideGFX » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:49 am

After testing this mod, I've noticed that when you move around in areas of changing light (Like at Mapworks or at the Enclave) the shadow flickers and changes in opacity, and it gets very annoying. If that could be fixed, this would be perfect.

Then again, I am on a laptop with an Intel HD3000 graphics chip outputting to a monitor. It might just be incompatibility with my hardware.

If there is a way to fix it, I would be very grateful if someone could let me know about it :P
SideGFX

Postby Shadowdancer » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:51 pm

Some screenshots of my variant of this Torchlight II ENB profile. Still a WIP. Personally the darker corners aren't something that bothers me so I can live with it (I think it's more immersive as it is and worth the tradeoff). I don't generally have any issues with text in-game either.

Spoiler: show
Vanilla

With ENB Profile

Vanilla

With ENB Profile

Vanilla

With ENB Profile

Vanilla

With ENB Profile

Vanilla

With ENB Profile

Vanilla