[MOD] Larger Shared Stash v2.1: Less Ugly, Attempt 2

Want to share your mod with the world? Feel free!

[MOD] Larger Shared Stash v2.1: Less Ugly, Attempt 2

Postby Sethkips » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:34 pm

Expands all three sections of the shared stash from the default 40 slots to 80 slots.

Currently it should be completely functional. If there is a good amount of interest I will continue to develop it and eventually make it less of a quickly thrown together ghetto mod and turn it into something nicer.

Please report any bugs you find, and feel free to offer up any suggestions you have.
I am aware that this makes some things other than the shared stash look strange, I think I many have a potential work-around for this if I do end up continuing development of the mod.

Anyone that wishes to use this in any modpack/compilation mod can do so without contacting me as long as credit is given.

NOTE: WHEN YOU REMOVE THE MOD, ALL ITEMS IN THE SLOTS THAT CEASE TO EXIST ARE ERASED AS FAR AS I KNOW. REMOVE ITEMS FROM THE SLOTS BEFORE REMOVING THE MOD.

Download Mirrors:
Dropbox - https://www.dropbox.com/s/r98x63giduijn ... %202.1.zip (Tell me if there are any issues with this one.)

Changelog:
Spoiler: show
v2.1:
    Tried to make it less ugly again.

v2.0:
    Tried to make it less ugly.

v1.1:
    Changed modified date so future patches shouldn't break the mod.

v1:
    Initial release. Looks like poo. Works?

The following are modified (use for compatability checking):
/MEDIA/INVENTORY/CONTAINERS/SHARED_STASH_BAG_ARMS.DAT
/MEDIA/INVENTORY/CONTAINERS/SHARED_STASH_BAG_CONSUMABLES.DAT
/MEDIA/INVENTORY/CONTAINERS/SHARED_STASH_BAG_SPELLS.DAT
/MEDIA/UI/HUD/INGAMETEXTURESHEETS2.DSS
/MEDIA/UI/MENUS/INGAMEMENUS/SHARED_STASH.LAYOUT

Last edited by Sethkips on Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:56 am, edited 7 times in total.
Sethkips

Re: [MOD] Larger Shared Stash v1

Postby LucasUTULSA » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:51 pm

And here I was wondering for a time why no one makes a mod that adds more storage even though they have the method to add another bag (referring to the Gem bag). Ok, very nice mod, I just have one question: "It will erase items when the mod is removed, right ?" That also applies to the mod being out of date if a ninja patch comes 8-) , so if you have not updated the .PAK and .PAK.MAN files to a date far into the future, I suggest you do that and re-upload the mod. Even if many of the modders here know how to do that, visiting guests wont, and it will suck big time for them. That's all.
Jackalhead wrote:Modding is not equal to cheating. You don't 'mod' on your wife, do you?

[Skill MOD] The World (merge 4 classes' skills into 1)
LucasUTULSA

Re: [MOD] Larger Shared Stash v2.0: Now With Less Ugly!

Postby clay65 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:35 pm

Well, dude, I've never had any problem in d/ling something from any other Host, but i have to say that i've not been able to d/l any of the 3 (1.0, 1.1, 2.0) different version that you uploaded till now,
I'm always receiving, after the 20 seconds countdown, the message : "Sorry, the file link that you requested is not valid." ... are you updating it again and it's deleted again ?

Thx
Clay
clay65

Postby BigBadB » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:12 am

Same here. The download is not available. Pls reupload.
BigBadB

Postby Zikel » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:07 am

Thanks for the mod, that green background is still ugly but the mod works just fine.

I really needed a mod like that, what I really want is a mod that lets you have many more tabs in the shared stash, be able to rename them and even maybe have access to each of your characters private stash from a separate tab in the shared stash. I guess this is not possible without the modding tools.
Zikel

Postby FOE » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:16 am

Hello!

Very interested, but please use another hoster!!!

Why not "Runic Games Fansite"?! (or http://www.file-upload.net or any one else ...)
Servus, Erwin
--
Intel DP35DP, Intel QuadCore Q6600, 4096 MB DDR2, GeForce GTX260/216, FujSie L22W-8, Win7 Pro x64
--
» My Torchlight 1 Char's @ German Fansite Torchlight Source
FOE

Postby Sethkips » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:57 am

Zikel wrote:Thanks for the mod, that green background is still ugly but the mod works just fine.

I really needed a mod like that, what I really want is a mod that lets you have many more tabs in the shared stash, be able to rename them and even maybe have access to each of your characters private stash from a separate tab in the shared stash. I guess this is not possible without the modding tools.

I'll look into making more tabs. I'm not entirely sure what's possible, I just started modding.
Sethkips

Postby Salan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:03 am

FOE wrote:Hello!

Very interested, but please use another hoster!!!

Why not "Runic Games Fansite"?! (or http://www.file-upload.net or any one else ...)

runic games fansite is so difficult to use compared to almost any other mod hosting site, its so annoying!

mediafire and dropbox work great, simple and easy!
Synergies Conversion mod: http://www.synergiesmod.com
Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!

Salan

Postby Salan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:04 am

Sethkips wrote:
Zikel wrote:Thanks for the mod, that green background is still ugly but the mod works just fine.

I'll look into making more tabs. I'm not entirely sure what's possible, I just started modding.

tabs should be completely do-able, someone made a gem bag mod, but the problem with that is it erases everything becuase it changes all the file settings for item classes or whatever.. adding more shared stash windows would be awesome as it potentially shouldn't change any item classes
Elite monsters, Hero monsters, world bosses, rare dragons, rare trolls, three tiers of End Game Raids, Legendary Armor sets, NEW Legendary Weapons, 3 new classes, Mercenaries, and Angels!

Salan

Re: [MOD] Larger Shared Stash v2.1: Less Ugly, Attempt 2

Postby myhideout6 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:51 am

interesting mod it makes the normal stash look weird says there is another row but you cant use them.
hope you make further progress.
Cheaters Never Prosper! :) Our World is riddled with Cheats and Frauds good thing they downloaded Rapid Respec or i would probably keep trying to accept their quest!
Steam = mikerobinsond
myhideout6

Postby mourato » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:18 pm

the changelog is pretty cool
mourato

Postby Sethkips » Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:22 pm

Update on the multiple pages, I've got buttons and a menu rigged up fine, but I'm still looking into/working on a way to get the new menu to properly hold items.
Sethkips

Postby strenoth » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:55 pm

Idea for expanding things further:

Create tabs that resemble some of the merchant tabs, with a separate weapon, armor, and misc. tab in addition to the consumables and spells tab. Not that I think it'd necessarily be easy, but it seems efficient, and would effect across inventory, pet, stash, and shared stash.
strenoth

Postby Salan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:15 pm

have you checked the gem bag mod? he managed to add new windows in, might be able to reverse engineer that without using his item changes so that its not a gem bag in this case.

Salan

Postby Sethkips » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:47 pm

Salan wrote:have you checked the gem bag mod? he managed to add new windows in, might be able to reverse engineer that without using his item changes so that its not a gem bag in this case.

Gem bag didn't add a gem tab to the shared stash due to what the creator thought were hard coded limitations, and from what I'm seeing I have to agree.

I have an idea for a workaround to add multiple "pages" without actually making any new tabs, but since no one has done anything similar that I've seen, I'm having to figure out what tons of variables do on my own, and am making progress very slowly.
Sethkips

Postby thor777 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:28 am

Excellent mod! Is it possible to apply this mod to the personal stash as well?
thor777

Postby Sethkips » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:57 pm

thor777 wrote:Excellent mod! Is it possible to apply this mod to the personal stash as well?

Should be. I'll look into it later.
Sethkips

Postby thor777 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:29 pm

awesome! Can't wait! :D
thor777

Postby paledoor » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:03 pm

Very cool! Thank you for all your hard work!
There is no birth and no cessation. There is no impurity and no purity. There is no decrease and no increase.
paledoor

Postby siksa » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:28 pm

good job,my suggestion for you,is just modify the shared stash and leave the normal stash and inventory just like it is,because it looks ugly but the shared stash is good enough.i have tried both your mod with bigger bags and they both work fine so i am not worried about the lack space of player and pet inventory,keep up the good work.
siksa

Next

Return to Mod Showcase