Varkaseer?

Hardcore Discussion

Varkaseer?

Postby pogosdick » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:07 pm

I have an open quest regarding 'Battle a Varkaseer'. The quest indicates that this is to occur in the third level of the mines, which I have already cleared. I have gone over the 3rd level map several times and it seems totally devoid of any enemies whatsoever. Maybe I'm missing something? If so, does anyone recollect where or what this 'varkaseer' is? I'm wondering if this is a bug or respawn issue.
pogosdick

Re: Varkaseer?

Postby rootpl » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:12 pm

When you kill him you have to go little bit on east and you'll find a little bridge when you cross the bridge you'll find a teleport and that will be the end of the quest ;)
i had the same problem bro :)

enjoy !
rootpl

Postby Evil007 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:13 pm

Yeah i am also playing with a quest that I took at the begining, I need to find another ember somewhere in NECROPOLIS... But I haven't seen any necropolis yet, so I am stuck with that as well.... Atm i am collecting 3 glives, to open up a third portal... Did i miss it or is it a bug?
Evil007

Postby JBeck » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:14 pm

Evil007 wrote:Yeah i am also playing with a quest that I took at the begining, I need to find another ember somewhere in NECROPOLIS... But I haven't seen any necropolis yet, so I am stuck with that as well.... Atm i am collecting 3 glives, to open up a third portal... Did i miss it or is it a bug?

Evil, you have actually missed the Ember quest in the Necropolis.
The Waypoint Portal in Town will be able to take you back to the Undead levels.
Time and resources are realities that force tough decisions regarding our desires. - BECK
JBeck
Runic Staff

Postby Evil007 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:19 pm

JBeck wrote:
Evil007 wrote:Yeah i am also playing with a quest that I took at the begining, I need to find another ember somewhere in NECROPOLIS... But I haven't seen any necropolis yet, so I am stuck with that as well.... Atm i am collecting 3 glives, to open up a third portal... Did i miss it or is it a bug?

ok thnx, i'll have to go back i guess =(
Evil007

Postby Evil007 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:29 pm

JBeck wrote:

Yeah I have found it now, but I had to abandon the quest and I received it again, the room where I found that deathplace embar had 2 quest items =) Just a note for you, might be a small bug with abandoing quests =)
Evil007

Postby Draakon » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:01 am

rootpl wrote:When you kill him you have to go little bit on east and you'll find a little bridge when you cross the bridge you'll find a teleport and that will be the end of the quest ;)
I'm having the same problem as OP. Could you please specify where the bridge is? On 3rd floor? Have walked it through several times, but still nothing :(.

Thanks.

Edit: Is this quest somehow connected to the storyline or pre-requirement for other quests? Or I can just skip it.
Draakon

Postby rootpl » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:40 am

on last floor on the big arena where you killed boss called Varkaseer there is little bridge on the right it's quait easy to spotted it
rootpl

Postby IEArmand » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:21 am

I must be a little simple. I have the "Battle Varkaseer" quest. But I cannot find him on the 3rd floor. I have cleared it and still have not managed to complete the quest. What gives?
IEArmand

Postby Draakon » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:48 pm

IEArmand wrote:I must be a little simple. I have the "Battle Varkaseer" quest. But I cannot find him on the 3rd floor. I have cleared it and still have not managed to complete the quest. What gives?
Same here. I think my problem may be that I cleared the floor before taking the quest and probably also killed the boss.
Draakon

Postby snowieken » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:32 pm

rootpl wrote:where you killed boss called Varkaseer
That is exactly their problem, that they can't find him.

I can be wrong about this. But I think the levels respawn after 30 minutes. Try and re-enter floor 3 with the quest in your log, and normally he should be there.
-Snow

When people tell me "plz" just because it is shorter than "please", I feel perfectly justified to say "no", because it is shorter than "yes".
snowieken

Postby awakened » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:47 pm

I also have the problem of having killed the boss before taking the quest (didnt go to town before floor 4), and now being locked out of the quest chain
I even cleared out floor 3 again after i realized the monsters had respawned, but Varkaseer wasn't there, just some random champions.

So, devs, please make it that we can still at least get the followups if we accidentally kill the questboss too early, it kind of sucks not being able to to about one third of the quests just because not having went to town early enough to see theres a quest for the floor you're in at the moment :/
awakened

Postby snowieken » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:26 pm

Unless I am mistaken, I do remember doing Varkaseer with a character after completing floor 4. Could be that I used the waypoint in town and backtracked to floor 3 that way, but in any case Varkaseer was there.
-Snow

When people tell me "plz" just because it is shorter than "please", I feel perfectly justified to say "no", because it is shorter than "yes".
snowieken

Postby SavingPrincess » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:31 am

Try dropping the quest and re-taking it. Then start from top level and go down... seems to have worked for me.
SavingPrincess

Postby awakened » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:26 am

for me it didn't :/ i dropped it, took it again, cleared floor 3 again, no Varkaseer
awakened

Postby snowieken » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:35 am

A bit frustrated that I can't help you. Again, I also forgot to pick up the Varkaseer quest after clearing floor 4, but I did it afterwards when floor 3 was reset, and I really can't remember if I did anything special to achieve it.
-Snow

snowieken

Postby IEArmand » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:25 am

Ok I got it to work.

I cancelled the quest then picked it up. I then went from into the mine from Floor 1 to Floor 3. Varkaseer was there this time through.

Hope it helps.
IEArmand

Postby leetality » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:29 am

I had trouble with this too, think I killed him THEN picked up the quest.

However I took the waygate back to floor 4, cleared floor 3 from end to start (backwards), used a town portal, abandoned and picked the quest back up, took the portal back into the dungeon and even though the rest of the floor wasn't respawned, I saw him walking not even 50 steps south from the beginning of the floor.

Quest completed.
leetality

Postby Kiernian » Sat May 15, 2010 2:21 am

leetality wrote:I had trouble with this too, think I killed him THEN picked up the quest.

However I took the waygate back to floor 4, cleared floor 3 from end to start (backwards), used a town portal, abandoned and picked the quest back up, took the portal back into the dungeon and even though the rest of the floor wasn't respawned, I saw him walking not even 50 steps south from the beginning of the floor.

Quest completed.

This.

After clearing the third floor twice (once backwards, once forwards), I stopped in the middle, Town Portaled, dropped the quest, re-obtained it, went back through my portal and there he was.

Note that this means that you apparently do NOT have to exit, abandon, and then re-clear, you can abandon post-cleared and he should still appear in the usual spot when you come back.
Kiernian

Postby OpposingForces » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:20 am

seems strange they never fixed this bug. most of the other quests can be completed without picking the quest up in the first place simply by completing the requirements. i've had the same issue with varkaseer. oh well.
OpposingForces

Next

Return to Torchlight General Discussion