Unlearn skills from talent trees

Forum for discussing the Torchlight single-player game.

Unlearn skills from talent trees

Postby Exyu » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:47 pm

Hi I'm wondering if there's a way to unlearn the skill tree points you spend as I have kind of messed up and want to respend my points. I've have a run around town but cant find any NPC who can do this for you? Anyone know how to do this?

Cheers
Last edited by Exyu on Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exyu

Re: Unlearn skills from talent trees

Postby simtechray » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:48 pm

Cant be done now but when editor comes out there is a potion for it you can enable.
It's not a skirt!
simtechray

Postby Weston » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:49 pm

There is no NPC that will do that for you. There is a thread on page 2 I belive of this forum that started to describe it but never completed the instructions.
Weston

Postby Weston » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:51 pm

Here is the thread I was mentioning: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=851
Weston

Postby Exyu » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:58 pm

Kind of getting mixed messages from this thread..I hope I don't have to reroll just to unlearn some talents >.< I have zero modding ability regardless of how easy they made it to implament

Apparantley there's an option to enable drops of respec potion but I cant find where to enable it?
Exyu

Postby Webbstre » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:25 pm

It should be SUPER easy to mod in, but if you are afraid of breaking it (and you probably shouldn't be) I or someone else will upload a copy on my mods database: http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/torchlightmods/

We just have to wait for the tools to be available to mod it in. I'm going to make it a semi-rare drop, because once in a while I want to respec too.
Administrator of The Original Runic Games Fansite - News - Forums - Torchlight 1 Mods - Torchlight 2 Mods - Wiki - IRC Chat - HotSpot - and more!
Webbstre

Postby TiberiusAudley » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:42 pm

If you have the Console enabled in your settings file, press Shift + ` (The Tilde key)

Then type "item RespecPotion". This is one of few commands in the game's console that won't brand you a cheater.
TiberiusAudley

Postby Webbstre » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:43 pm

TiberiusAudley wrote:If you have the Console enabled in your settings file, press Shift + ` (The Tilde key)

Then type "item RespecPotion". This is one of few commands in the game's console that won't brand you a cheater.

Whoa, I didn't know that. Travis should add that quote to the small faq in his sticky post. Thanks Tibs!
Administrator of The Original Runic Games Fansite - News - Forums - Torchlight 1 Mods - Torchlight 2 Mods - Wiki - IRC Chat - HotSpot - and more!
Webbstre

Postby Exyu » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:04 pm

TiberiusAudley wrote:If you have the Console enabled in your settings file, press Shift + ` (The Tilde key)

Brilliant!
Exyu

Postby Lasdrub » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:05 pm

Tagging this thread!
Last edited by Lasdrub on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lasdrub

Postby Div » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:07 pm

Very cool to know, thanks tiberius.
Destroyer - Because dual wielding giant swords makes me feel good about myself :P
Div

Postby Transformer » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:08 pm

If you have the Console enabled in your settings file, press Shift + ` (The Tilde key)

Thanks Tiberius! But how do I in fact enable the developer console? where is this settings file?

EDIT: I figured it out; thank you everyone.
Last edited by Transformer on Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Transformer

Postby bshock » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:14 pm

Transformer wrote:

Thanks Tiberius! But how do I in fact enable the developer console? where is this settings file?

Try start -> run -> %appdata% and look for runic games\torchlight
bshock

Postby Chameleon » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:15 pm

Do these potions allow you to reset points out of strength/dex/etc as well?

I can see myself needing to do that. :|
My blog Buy a painting, support an Artist.
Chameleon

Postby Transformer » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:20 pm

Yo Tiberius, the character on which I tested summoning the respec potion was in fact labeled "the Cheat," unless I screwed up and did something else somehow. Is it possible the rules have changed since your reviewer copy? Can anyone else test this out and get back to us?
Transformer

Postby Weston » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:28 pm

I can't get it to work. I have Console :1 in the settings.txt file and when in the game I press the Shift key and the ` key together, but nothing happens, so figuring that I shouldn't see a command box or anything like that I try to type in the item RespecPotion but all it does is open the invntory window.

Not sure what I might be doing wrong.
Weston

Postby TiberiusAudley » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:33 pm

Transformer wrote:Yo Tiberius, the character on which I tested summoning the respec potion was in fact labeled "the Cheat," unless I screwed up and did something else somehow. Is it possible the rules have changed since your reviewer copy? Can anyone else test this out and get back to us?

Taylor's the one that tested the Respec Potion thing... so unless he broke something, it should be fine...

Then again, he also got Permanent Mimic Fish without being labeled a cheat...
TiberiusAudley

Postby epmode » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:40 pm

Weston wrote:I can't get it to work. I have Console :1 in the settings.txt file and when in the game I press the Shift key and the ` key together, but nothing happens, so figuring that I shouldn't see a command box or anything like that I try to type in the item RespecPotion but all it does is open the invntory window.

Not sure what I might be doing wrong.

I'm having the same exact problem.

I change the Console :0 line to Console :1, yet nothing at all happens when I press either tilde or shift + tilde. The really strange thing is that the file reverts back to Console :0 after the game exits. Every other change I make to the file saves fine and applies to the game correctly. Something's wrong. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit, if that makes a difference.
epmode

Postby Weston » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:46 pm

It converts back to 0 for me too, so I made the file read only which means it stays as Console :1 however shift +` doesn't do anything. I too am running Windows 7 64bit
Weston

Postby zachAH » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:36 am

Thx Tiberius, I am now known as "Cooper the Cheat"

waht does this do to my game :O
zachAH

Next

Return to Torchlight Win/Mac/Linux Discussion