Game ruined!

Hardcore Discussion

Game ruined!

Postby Koron » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:17 pm

I was so looking forward to having a marksman character and play with guns and rifles, then I found out that there is no male version of the Vanquisher class!

Is this suppose to be an RPG or not? I'm not a transsexual as most people aren't...

Why did you put female character in the first place, what the hell were you thinking, most RPG players are male, why did you make such an awful design decision?

P.S.
Rifles are suppose to have longer range by default, there is no point using them otherwise..
Koron

Re: Game ruined!

Postby carlosjuero » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:18 pm

O.o

Um...

Wow.

Troll go home?
carlosjuero

Postby KindSimian » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:22 pm

Troll go home indeed.

Even when I have a choice of male and female characters for a toon, I go with whichever *I* think looks better for that class, and when I don't have a choice, oh well. It's a set of pixels on a screen, not a statement about my personal identity.
KindSimian

Postby Koron » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:24 pm

What seems to be the problem?
You do know that Diablo 3 has male AND female versions of each class?
And in almost every RPG you choose the sex from the start?
What's up with the forced fake bewilderment?
functional illiteracy or just stupidity?
Koron

Postby Koron » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:25 pm

KindSimian wrote: It's a set of pixels on a screen, not a statement about my personal identity.

OMG, what an absolutely idiotic argument, why don't you just go play invaders or asteroids on a cellphone then...
Sheesh!
Last edited by Koron on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Koron

Postby Badkitty » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:25 pm

- - * Sits in city chat naked * - -

"I r gurl irL. Sum 1 to be talking to meh."
Badkitty

Postby gft » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:27 pm

You're kidding right? "Why did you put female character in the first place, what the hell were you thinking, most RPG players are male, why did you make such an awful design decision?"
gft

Postby carlosjuero » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:27 pm

1) This isn't Diablo III
2) This isn't Diablo III
3) Diablo 1 & 2 had sex based classes
4) This isn't 'just about any RPG'
5) You talk about other peoples stupidity... yet you are the one who joins the forum just to post a tirade that makes no sense.
6) This isn't Diablo III
carlosjuero

Postby Koron » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:29 pm

gft wrote:You're kidding right? "Why did you put female character in the first place, what the hell were you thinking, most RPG players are male, why did you make such an awful design decision?"

Are you suggesting that all those male players are transsexuals?

Because if you are suggesting that male players like to play female characters in an RPG that's just an erroneous baseless false-correlation assumption.
Koron

Postby carlosjuero » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:31 pm

Koron wrote:
gft wrote:You're kidding right? "Why did you put female character in the first place, what the hell were you thinking, most RPG players are male, why did you make such an awful design decision?"

Are you suggesting that all those male players are transsexuals?

Because if you are suggesting that male players like to play female characters in an RPG that's just an erroneous assumption.

And your assumption that male players don't like playing female characters is bordering on idiotic; As is your implied idea that females don't play RPG - thats idiotic and sexist.
carlosjuero

Postby Nukenin » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:31 pm

If anything I thought the gender choices a subtle nod at Diablo the first.

Runic could've been really ballsy (pardon the expression!) and gone with a female Destroyer, male Vanquisher, and female Alchemist. That'd have shivered yer timbers, wot?
Nukenin

Postby project » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:31 pm

guys,

he does have a valid point but the way it was brought up wasn't the way to do it. Of course there could have been a male/female version of all toons but it's the way the game was designed. The game is FAR from ruined because of this. If you feel uncomfortable playing as a female on a SINGLE player - OFFLINE game, don't do it?

Don't worry. We won't laugh at you. :roll:
Choosing a toon that is different from your actual gender does not make you anything BUT.... a gamer
Last edited by project on Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
project

Postby heron » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:32 pm

time and money prevented them from having both sex as playable.
that said, the MMO will have both sex.
you are now wiser. congrats!

Now go back and play the darn game.
heron

Postby Yazilliclick » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:32 pm

Guys don't feed the trolls please. They only grow more annoying.
Yazilliclick

Postby RobBubble » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:33 pm

Ehm... I don't really know what to say... Most of the time I don't even care what I am playing - as long as it is fun. It's a "Role-Playing"-Game, so pull yourself together and play a role? How old are you? Do you really have such a big problem playing a woman (a hot one, I might add as well xD)?
RobBubble

Postby yoob » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:35 pm

i play destroyer cause he looks like me
yoob

Postby Inverness » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:35 pm

Runic didn't have the time and money to (or a need imho) to make content for both sexes for each class. Stop whining.
Inverness

Postby KindSimian » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:37 pm

Koron wrote:
KindSimian wrote: It's a set of pixels on a screen, not a statement about my personal identity.

OMG, what an absolutely idiotic argument

There's irony here, you just need to think a little harder.

What I said was empirically true and absolutely not deniable by anyone who should be allowed outside without supervision.

Did you rant when Sonic or Crash made you play as a hedge hog or a bandicoot? Were you outraged that the Tombraider series only allowed you to play not just a female, but a particular female? Was Tetris' lack of an avatar an automatic no-go for you? Were you incensed at being forced to be a plumber at Super Mario? Did the Amazon in Diablo 2 make you feel dirty after you played her for a while? :D

I mean, you're either being intentionally dense to see how riled up you can get others, or you really should seek help, because your entire premise is based on a very imbalanced and disassociated world view and immersing yourself in video games is clearly not the proper approach to gaining a better grasp of reality for you.
KindSimian

Postby Koron » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:38 pm

So, basically, I can't play one of the main features of the game(marksmanship with firearms) because of a bizarre design decision to put prostitute-look-a-like as a class!
Koron

Postby majoho » Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:39 pm

Koron wrote:I was so looking forward to having a marksman character and play with guns and rifles, then I found out that there is no male version of the Vanquisher class!

Is this suppose to be an RPG or not? I'm not a transsexual as most people aren't...

Why did you put female character in the first place, what the hell were you thinking, most RPG players are male, why did you make such an awful design decision?

P.S.
Rifles are suppose to have longer range by default, there is no point using them otherwise..

Now that you mention it, do you even grasp the concept of RPG?

It's NOT to play an idealized version of yourself, it's to play a character that is NOT you - just like acting.
majoho

Next

Return to Torchlight General Discussion