Reactivation required - no solution?

Community support forum for Torchlight II.

Reactivation required - no solution?

Postby Ashni » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:05 pm

Now it's about 3-5 days since I last were able to play torchlight 2. I get the "Hardware changed, reactivation required" Erorr but I'm not able to do that in the launcher, one of the .exe's in the game folder or the homepaging. Now I'm sitting on top of my retail version and can't do anything.
Since on of the Mods seems to don't know a solution or just doesn't answer anymore I want to make clear that I am still looking for a solution.
Ashni

Re: Reactivation required - no solution?

Postby Ashni » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:17 pm

It can't be that I cannot continue playing the game I bought because I upgraded my hardware.
Ashni

Postby Wildman » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:24 pm

Fool question, but have you tried to reactivate your copy of TL II at the Torchlight 2 site? http://www.torchlight2game.com/

All you should have to do is log into your account, then activate your copy of TL II.

"All is cloaked in darkness and the darkness is my home. I shun the light but still I fight, until the dark is safe once again"
Wildman

Postby itachi46 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:23 pm

this is a problem many of us are experiencing for weeks... I have been getting the silent treatment for a couple of weeks now...

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=47386

try the license resetter in my last post in that thread it may work for you... it did not work for any of us...

gotta love DRM... only punishes the people who legitimately pays for this game
itachi46

Postby Wildman » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:14 pm

Ashni, it would be nice to know if my foolish comment worked for ya, or not.

Also don't worry about using an activation because.

One: runic gives you 10, so no big lose.

And two: Runic has said many...many times, that if you use up all of your activations, contact them, and they will reset them for you, if you had a legit reason for using them up.

If it didn't work then something else is going on, and Runic needs to know about it. Also, I'm not a fan of hardware checks in DRM, it never works the way it was intended. I can see if you changed a mother board or hard-drive, but having it trigger after something like changing a video card, or changing your configuration is bullshit, and over-kill. I really hate Securom :evil:

"All is cloaked in darkness and the darkness is my home. I shun the light but still I fight, until the dark is safe once again"
Wildman

Postby itachi46 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:33 am

mine was triggered by going to windows 8..

the issue ashni is talking about is not the same as activation upon installing... it will not ask you about activation... then when you launch the game it will say reactivation required and only gives you the option to click "exit"... prior to launching the game there is no option to reactivate or even activate the game at all.

upon contacting runic they made me download an activation resetter which is MEANT to make it possible to activate the game again... but for me and a few others it did nothing at all...
itachi46

Postby Maxvorstadt » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:13 pm

Foolish Question: Has anybody tried to start the game via the exe file in the TL2 folder?
Another Question: I want to buy me a new Graphics Card but I surely don`t want to get this problem. Could it help to de-install the game prior to install the Card and then re-install it? Anybody tried this and it worked??
If somebody catches the Rainbow, will he give it back??
Maxvorstadt

Postby itachi46 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:06 pm

not a foolish question at all, launching the game without the launcher leads to the reactivation required screen... I'll post a screenie:

I cannot comment on the graphics card thing but I formatted my hard drive when upgrading, so there shouldn't be any trace of TL2 when I reinstalled it.

I've been facing this issue for almost a month now... its getting quite ridiculous to be honest.
itachi46

Postby Ashni » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:46 am

Sorry for my delayed reply.
I tried to activate it again at http://www.torchlight2game.com/ but since I have the retail version it dosen't show me any count of activations aviable.

I reinstalled the game a few times and it doesn't even ask for a CD-Key when doing so.

The licencsereset.exe didn't work either.
Ashni

Postby itachi46 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:05 pm

bump!
itachi46

Postby Ashni » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:54 am

bump
Ashni

Postby Xerses1st » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:09 am

I updated my computer (motherboard, CPU, RAM, hard drive) and have been having the reactivation issue since December 12th 2012 with zero response from Runic. I created a support ticket with no reply even though I updated my ticket 2 or 3 times over the last few weeks. I sent support an e-mail asking about the issue referring to my support ticket, no reply from Runic.

I bought the game directly from Runic and expected support if required. This situation is unacceptable and the lack of response on behalf of the developer is the most ridiculous thing I have ever encountered. I have been in the computer/telecom industry for 18 years and this is by far the worst support on a well known issue that I have ever encountered!

Has anyone had success in fixing this issue?
Xerses1st

Postby Shmutt » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:51 pm

Just got this error as well and opened a support ticket. I've also @-messaged their twitter account. Not sure if they have a facebook page.
Shmutt

Postby Tarius68 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:03 am

Xerses1st wrote:I updated my computer (motherboard, CPU, RAM, hard drive) and have been having the reactivation issue since December 12th 2012 with zero response from Runic. I created a support ticket with no reply even though I updated my ticket 2 or 3 times over the last few weeks. I sent support an e-mail asking about the issue referring to my support ticket, no reply from Runic.

I bought the game directly from Runic and expected support if required. This situation is unacceptable and the lack of response on behalf of the developer is the most ridiculous thing I have ever encountered. I have been in the computer/telecom industry for 18 years and this is by far the worst support on a well known issue that I have ever encountered!

Has anyone had success in fixing this issue?

Same with me, i've opened the ticket on 29th of December and no response at all. :evil:
Tarius68

Postby itachi46 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:29 pm

got a response and they gave me a steam key which i am happy to use... installing as we speak will update.

edit: yep it works now! Thanks Runic support team! appearantly my ticket got assigned to an inactive agent or something.

i suggest people request a steam id since it seems to work for me
itachi46

Postby JediFreeman » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:17 am

If you have have submitted a support ticket and have not heard a response from us, please PM me your ticket Ref #.

If you have not submitted a support ticket and are having this issue, please send us an email at support@runicgames.com and your ticket will be given to me to take care of.

Thanks for your patience on this, everyone!
Runic Games Webmaster
Forum Rules | Support Forums | E-mail Support
JediFreeman
Runic Webmaster

Postby Xerses1st » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:45 pm

I finally got a response via e-mail on Tuesday the 8th (from Ben Evans) and was also told that my ticket got assigned to an inactive agent account! That is truly strange and I don't know what to say about it. I was asked to download the TL2LicenseReset package, extract it somewhere on my PC, then run it. It makes no difference; I did not get a window that my license has been reset, I got the same window saying that I need to reactivate with an Exit button. That same day I responded to support that it did not work and was quickly asked if I had closed the window after the reset, and if I started the game normally. I did exactly what I was told with no change. When I responded with this information and screen shots I got no response and have not heard from them since.

I can appreciate that Runic has a lot of support requests, but they need to give us something. Only now, that I looked at this forum and saw the locked thread about activation issue being looked at, do I know that they are doing something, or at least I hope they are doing something. In 2 days it will be one month that I have been unable to play TL2... Nothing left to say.
Xerses1st

Postby Omnifas » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:27 pm

The issue may be attributed to a recent Windows 8 update. However, it isn't as simple as that :/, it's not Universal, meaning some people(on Win8) can and some can't reactivate which is making it hard to isolate.

via RGF, via PCGamer

Read the article, might interest some of you.
Omnifas

Postby Shmutt » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:47 am

Got a response and an apology saying my ticket was assigned to an inactive agent. Requested a Steam key and was issued with one!
Shmutt

Postby Ashni » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:51 am

Still not working. Using Windows 7 and the Licencereset dosen't work.
Ashni

Next

Return to Torchlight II Support