[Bug?] Tarroch's Tomb

Community support forum for Torchlight II.

[Bug?] Tarroch's Tomb

Postby BingoPoul » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:47 am

The Tarroch's Tomb in 2nd chapter seems bugged to me.

If I die and pay money to start inside again there will come no new monsters and no chance to get chests.

If I die and choose to resurrect in town then come back to the tomb I can do it again and get the chests if I survive.

If I stop after having slaughtered the two first rounds of monsters and collect chests, get outside using the portal I can just walk in again and to it all over.

So basically you can just loot Tarroch's Tomb over and over for XP, fame, gold and magic. Is this wad?
BingoPoul

Re: [Bug?] Tarroch's Tomb

Postby JZiegler » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:33 am

This is not a bug. It is intended to be a way for more hardcore players to team up and see how many rounds they can complete.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This made a lot of people angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

The Guide
JZiegler
Runic Staff

Postby BingoPoul » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:59 am

Ah ok, I see.

But still it seems weird that if I pay money to start at the entrance there will be no monsters. I have to exit and then enter first... or just resurrect in town...

On single player veteran I couldn't defeat more than King Tar before it got too overwhelming :lol:
BingoPoul

Postby JZiegler » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:04 am

BingoPoul wrote:Ah ok, I see. But still it seems weird that if I pay money to start at the entrance there will be no monsters. I have to exit and then enter first... or just resurrect in town...

This is to increase the difficulty and so players can't cheese it when in multiplayer. If anyone dies during the fight then everyone must exit and reenter in order to continue.

BingoPoul wrote:On single player veteran I couldn't defeat more than King Tar before it got too overwhelming :lol:

Good!! :D
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This made a lot of people angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."

The Guide
JZiegler
Runic Staff

Postby Redvex » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:35 am

I tried this with my awfully not prepared Outlander and failed miserably but, the deaths count did not increase.
Bug or Feature ?
Redvex

Return to Torchlight II Support