We need more than 10 mod slots

Community support for GUTS, the Torchlight II editor.

We need more than 10 mod slots

Postby thief425 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:20 pm

I have 7 mods that adjust the longevity of the game (I have 7 mods that just adjust level cap, fame cap, monster strength, item levels, ng +11, maps to lvl500, etc.), and steam's 200mb cap on filesize means that my texture mod had to be split into 4 parts, then you add synergies, a pet mod, transmute recipes, etc. I know the purpose is to make it easier for players to sync up, but I'd rather play solo than not be able to extend the life of the game for years.

10 available mod slots just isn't going to cut it.
thief425

Re: We need more than 10 mod slots

Postby Omnifas » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:39 pm

Theres another thread on this, but at this point I wouldn't rule out limiting the mod cap in order to ease initial troubleshooting. Less mods equals less chance of a issue being one of a simple mod conflict.

Wont know for sure until Runic responds on the issue.
Omnifas

Re: We need more than 10 mod slots

Postby wsensor » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:03 am

Perhaps if Runic could possibly allow for mod sets/collections to be made? (Or 1 mod that loads additional mods as part of it?)
IE: If your using your 3 retextures then set them in a collection (IE they could allow you to make a mod that loads these 3 mods) maybe this way it could be just counted as 1 mod instead of 3 separate mods?
wsensor

Return to GUTS Help and Support