New textures applied to the alchemist model. He has a beard and a Jedi tunic under his coat. I'm also working on retexturing his gloves and boots. I have no experience modeling, so I plan to work with it the way it is - this Jedi will just have a tall collar instead of a hood.
Lightsaber Combat Tree
- Combat Stances - Jedi will start with one free rank in each of these skills. You can have one active at a time (like an Aura), and they last until switched, with no mana cost.
- Shien Form - Bonus to Defense, Block, Damage Reflection. Penalty to Damage
- Ataru Form - Bonus to Movement and Attack Speed, Penalty to Regeneration (?)
- Juyo Form - Bonus to Damage, attacks inflict Armor Damage. Penalty to Defense, non-lightsaber skills.
- Lightsaber Specialization - Reduced requirements for lightsaber weapons, increased attack speed. (currently not possible as I envisioned it. I may have to settle for something that affects all melee weapons)
- Slash Attack - Hits all foes in an arc in front of you. (based on the Destroyer skill)
- Sweep - Hits all foes 360° around you. Damages their weapons, and possibly stuns them.
- Leap - Move quickly into a group of enemies and deal damage to all of them. (based on Ember Phase)
- Melt - Supercharges your lightsaber, causing you to deal extra fire damage
- Frenzy - Basically just Devastate.
- additional shared skills such as Adventurer, etc.
- Force Push - Shoves enemies away from you in a forward arc. Low damage, but high knockback and chance to stun
- Force Bubble - 360° sphere of force energy deals high damage, causes knockback and stunning (based on the Vanquisher skill)
- Mind Trick - Charms an enemy to fight for you.
- additional shared skills such as Barter, etc.
- Force Choke - Stun and deal high damage to a single target.
- Force Lightning - Hits multiple targets, maybe damage over time? Not sure
- additional skills such as Terror, Frailty, Spectral Decay etc.
Introducing a new weapon type: Lightsaber. These weapons will come in all flavors, including "normal," "magic" and "unique." They will drop more often for Jedis, but there's no reason they couldn't be available to all classes. Currently, there is no way to put a custom particle effect on a weapon, EXCEPT by altering the .layout file for one of the elemental effects, which is what I've done here. Hopefully, they will enable this capability in a future update.
A retextured Mech Crawler with R2D2 sound effects. All Jedis will come standard with a delicious fish that will transform that boring dog or cat into a fancy astrodroid!
- Player model texture is now "passable"
- Droid skin is still a rough draft. Working on a slicker, more detailed texture file.
- Lightsaber weapon framework is functioning. Sound effects are in. Stats and names are now assigned to all 'normal' and 'magic' varieties. Working on creating a complete set of icons. Still need to do uniques and epics. I'm satisfied with the current particle effect, but I think it could still be improved. I'd love to do a trail coming off the blade to get this effect (http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/5/4969/pic7.jpg), but I'm not really sure how to do it. Something with 'ribbontrail' rendering? Ideally, the weapon trail effect will be part of the weapon particle .layout file itself.
- Skills are still very much a work in progress. Matt Nguyen's guide has thus far been indispensable. (http://cid-be5de83955b29993.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/Skilltutorial.pdf)