Torchlight Patch Information

Community support forum for the Torchlight single-player game.

Re: Torchlight Patch 1.15 Released - UPDATED 2010-02-04 8:40AM

Postby JediFreeman » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:50 am

JediJasonA wrote:
thejackal wrote:That's fantastic that Encore consumers get their patch after an excessively long wait. When do the people that bought the game in a box get their patch? It's kind of ironic, really. We had to wait to buy our game in the first place and ended up getting a pet choice that everybody can now get as a mod and now we're dead last in patch priority. I hope this doesn't become a trend in the future.

Amen to that! In total agreement...regardless of how fun Torchlight is to play. :?

Edit: I'm not sure if an entirely new thread is needed, but for those of us who bought Torchlight in a RETAIL STORE, the 1.15 patch IS now available. Here is the link (AGAIN, ONLY FOR THOSE WHO PHYSICALLY PURCHASED TORCHLIGHT IN A STORE) - http://torchlight.encoreusa.com/updates_retail/index.html

Consider me NOW officially satisfied...'til the next problem. :lol:

Krazrok wrote:ENCORE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD - Build handed off to vendor

It is now available: http://torchlight.encoreusa.com/updates/

The patch for the retail box version from is still not available though...

Heh, you guys beat me to it, OP updated!
Runic Games Webmaster
Forum Rules | Support Forums | E-mail Support
JediFreeman
Runic Webmaster

Re: Torchlight Patch 1.15 Released - UPDATED 2010-02-26 11:45AM

Postby packetlost » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:28 pm

Finally! Thanks for the link....and mega-thanks to anyone who may have prodded Encore to finally get the patch out...
packetlost

Postby RedPanda » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:46 am

Um... where is the steam version? I'm logged onto steam and its not automatically downloading... also doesn't specify a new patch in the update history...
RedPanda

Postby JediJasonA » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:15 pm

I had to laugh when I checked my Inbox this evening as I noticed I got a reply (finally!) from Encore...as if nothing had ever gone wrong. They wrote to tell me of the very link that I posted days ago on here. I really hope that Runic does not partner again with Encore - there is clearly no customer service/support...nothing timely anyway.
JediJasonA

Postby thejackal » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:17 pm

JediJasonA wrote:I had to laugh when I checked my Inbox this evening as I noticed I got a reply (finally!) from Encore...as if nothing had ever gone wrong. They wrote to tell me of the very link that I posted days ago on here. I really hope that Runic does not partner again with Encore - there is clearly no customer service/support...nothing timely anyway.

Yes, I have to admit, I'm not very pleased with them either. I will do my best to stay away from them, if I can, in the future.
thejackal

Postby Boingymcnutball » Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:38 pm

I bought the game online from the RunicGames.com website. I also got the Upgrade from there. When I went to play TorchLight it told me:

"This is not a trial version of the software. To purchase a license for this program, please click on the 'Buy' button below."

I was never given a cdkey! I am extremely ticked off right now and am seriously thinking of getting my money back. Anyone know how to fix this b.s.?
Boingymcnutball

Postby Groo » Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:19 pm

Boingymcnutball wrote:I bought the game online from the RunicGames.com website. I also got the Upgrade from there. When I went to play TorchLight it told me:

"This is not a trial version of the software. To purchase a license for this program, please click on the 'Buy' button below."

I was never given a cdkey! I am extremely ticked off right now and am seriously thinking of getting my money back. Anyone know how to fix this b.s.?

Have you tried contacting them about this? Just a thought.... the code is probably siting in your email.
Video Games and the breath of life.
Groo

Postby JediFreeman » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:16 pm

Boingymcnutball wrote:I bought the game online from the RunicGames.com website. I also got the Upgrade from there. When I went to play TorchLight it told me:

Something sounds off with that error message. Send us an email at customerservice@runicgames.com with your name and your Invoice ID or Transaction ID from your purchase and lets see if we can figure this out for you.
Runic Games Webmaster
JediFreeman
Runic Webmaster

Postby FOE » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:47 pm

Hello!

At Gameware.at shot be the version 1.15 now available!!
Last edited by FOE on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Servus, Erwin
--
Intel DP35DP, Intel QuadCore Q6600, 4096 MB DDR2, GeForce GTX260/216, FujSie L22W-8, Win7 Pro x64
--
» My Torchlight 1 Char's @ German Fansite Torchlight Source
FOE

Re: Torchlight Patch 1.15 Released - UPDATED 2010-03-02 4:27PM

Postby Boingymcnutball » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:15 pm

Unfortunately I screwed up. Thought I bought from RunicGames.com, but actually bought from GameStop.com. Sorry about that. Thanks for the info you sent me. I really appreciate it. I don't suppose you'd know how I can undo this would you? I don't think gamestop has an update for TorchLight. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't wait to start playing TorchLight again.
Boingymcnutball

Postby thejackal » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:04 pm

Boingymcnutball wrote:Unfortunately I screwed up. Thought I bought from RunicGames.com, but actually bought from GameStop.com. Sorry about that. Thanks for the info you sent me. I really appreciate it. I don't suppose you'd know how I can undo this would you? I don't think gamestop has an update for TorchLight. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't wait to start playing TorchLight again.

Well, the easiest way to confirm is to check the outside of the box. Somewhere on the front, it should say the word Encore. If that's the case, you can grab the Encore Retail patch from their website and you should be good to go.
Last edited by thejackal on Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thejackal

Postby xbinkus » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:05 am

Is there anyway for someone who downloaded it from Gamestop.com to get the patch?
xbinkus

Postby Boingymcnutball » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:39 pm

Well I downloaded it from the Gamestop.com website. Same as Xbinkus, I need to know if way to download from gamestop or if there is another compatible site to get it from.
Boingymcnutball

Postby JediFreeman » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:54 am

Boingymcnutball wrote:Well I downloaded it from the Gamestop.com website. Same as Xbinkus, I need to know if way to download from gamestop or if there is another compatible site to get it from.

xbinkus wrote:Is there anyway for someone who downloaded it from Gamestop.com to get the patch?

Boingymcnutball wrote:Unfortunately I screwed up. Thought I bought from RunicGames.com, but actually bought from GameStop.com. Sorry about that. Thanks for the info you sent me. I really appreciate it. I don't suppose you'd know how I can undo this would you? I don't think gamestop has an update for TorchLight. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I can't wait to start playing TorchLight again.

It seems there has been some delays in getting the Gamestop.com Digital Download version of Torchlight patched on their end. We are working with them to get their patch updated as soon as possible. My apologies for the delay. I have updated the list on the OP to add Gamestop.com on there for status updates.
Runic Games Webmaster
JediFreeman
Runic Webmaster

Re: Torchlight Patch 1.15 Released - UPDATED 2010-03-05 11:51AM

Postby Alternalo » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:20 am

I downloaded this at 03-02, i saw the title changed to UPDATED 03-05. So whats the update?

Oh and another thing. U said 5 challenge maps, but i got a crappy chaos gem with my new char for the first quest, the second and the third was a map, the forth was a crappy boot again...so where can i get those missing maps?
Twelve galaxies, and all coming at me!
Alternalo

Postby Webbstre » Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:24 am

Alternalo wrote:I downloaded this at 03-02, i saw the title changed to UPDATED 03-05. So whats the update?

Oh and another thing. U said 5 challenge maps, but i got a crappy chaos gem with my new char for the first quest, the second and the third was a map, the forth was a crappy boot again...so where can i get those missing maps?

I don't think the maps come out in order, especially since it lists the final one as a Palace level.
Your support has saved Runic Games Fansite and has given it at least another year on life! Thank you, and be sure to visit RGF for all your Torchlight series needs!
Webbstre

Postby JediFreeman » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:28 pm

Alternalo wrote:I downloaded this at 03-02, i saw the title changed to UPDATED 03-05. So whats the update?

the update on 3/5 was just an update to patch availability regarding the GameStop.com Digital Download version. We are still working with them to get more information for you guys.
Runic Games Webmaster
JediFreeman
Runic Webmaster

Postby prestige » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:00 pm

Webbstre wrote:

I don't think the maps come out in order, especially since it lists the final one as a Palace level.

Yes, I believe that's correct; Vasman gives 7 find-the-ember quests, but only 5 of them give maps as rewards. So the first still gives a chaos gem, and one of the ones in the middle gives a different item reward.
The Basement My random mini-dungeon mod
Here comes Leviathan! Starch 2 mod
prestige

Postby Horserider75 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:05 pm

OK, this is making me crazy cause I've been working on it for DAYS!! I purchased Torchlight from Wild Tangent so I contacted them about the 1.15 patch. Their reply states that I have to uninstall and reinstall the game for the "latest version". YOU guys say that updating from 1.12 to 1.15 does NOT require uninstalling the game! So which is it and where the freaking heck can I find the patch for WT????? PLEASE help me out with this so I can get back to playing my game. Also, my Vang character is not advancing anymore. I have 100 XP and 55 Fame. Is that the cap or is there a cap? Now, when I have my pet pick up spells or fish they go into the main pack instead of their tabbed locations in the pack. What's up with that?
Horserider75

Postby JediFreeman » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:15 am

Horserider75 wrote:OK, this is making me crazy cause I've been working on it for DAYS!! I purchased Torchlight from Wild Tangent so I contacted them about the 1.15 patch. Their reply states that I have to uninstall and reinstall the game for the "latest version". YOU guys say that updating from 1.12 to 1.15 does NOT require uninstalling the game! So which is it and where the freaking heck can I find the patch for WT????? PLEASE help me out with this so I can get back to playing my game. Also, my Vang character is not advancing anymore. I have 100 XP and 55 Fame. Is that the cap or is there a cap? Now, when I have my pet pick up spells or fish they go into the main pack instead of their tabbed locations in the pack. What's up with that?

If you bought from WildTangent, you will need to follow their instructions for updating. They are the ones that build the installer for their version of 1.15, so if their installer requires you to uninstall / reinstall, that is what you will need to do. WildTangent's patch involves downloading the installer from their site just like you did when you originally purchased (basically, they just have an updated installer and you need to re-download / re-install).

I will update the OP with some clarification on that for others.

As for caps, level 100 and fame level 55 is the cap in Torchlight. I believe some people have been experimenting with mods to change this. You can look around sites like http://www.runicgamesfansite.com/torchlightmods/ and http://www.torchlightinsider.com/forums ... y.php?f=14 for a variety of mods.

If you are still seeing weird behavior with your pet picking up spells and fish after updating to 1.15, send us an email at customerservice@runicgames.com with details on the issue.
Runic Games Webmaster
JediFreeman
Runic Webmaster

PreviousNext

Return to Torchlight Win/Mac/Linux Support