New enemies and champions!
Splitter Gel champions
Tu'Tara Voltrunner champions
Tu'Tara Dreamreaver champions
Tu'Tara Scalepiercer champions
Blade Mistress champions
Most of these have drop classes specific to them, much like I added to new enemies/champions in one of the earlier versions. So, for example, when a Tu'Tara Scalepiercer drops a weapon, it will always
be a crossbow. Which is nice for people who like crossbows, as they're stupidly rare compared to the other weapon types
As always when I add enemies, a preview video has been made, and can be found here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efP7RSASuh8
- Added an NPC to town. This NPC will mostly talk about things the Champions Mod adds to the game, such as the added enemies and whatnot.
- Put cooldown on enemy Hexfire (used by Goblin mage champions and now also Pandoras) to make it less spammy
- As mentioned a couple of times earlier in this topic already, reduced elemental damage on some monsters (spiders, Embershard Golems, etc.).
- Changed Enrage Tu'Tara skill (Tu'Tara Soulmender - Oathmaster champion) to target Tu'Tara Voltrunners and Scalepiercers in addition to Shieldsnappers, Warcutters, and Edgebreakers.
- Changed LizardmanHealFriends skill (Tu'Tara Oathmaster champions) to target Tu'Tara Dreamreavers, Voltrunners, and Scalepiercers in addition to Shieldsnappers, Warcutters, Oathmasters, and Edgebreakers.
- Changed PriestessHeal skill (Dark Priestesses and Dark Priestess champions) to target Blade Mistresses in addition to Blood Disciples, Corrupted Disciples, Dark Zealots, Darkelf Warriors, and Dark Priestesses.
- Changed Brood Mother behaviour. Only slightly, though, but, you know, I have to do this every update. Wouldn't be a true Champions Mod update if I didn't
- Added a glow to Brood Mother's Spiderlings in the vein of the pet Spiderlings in Crouching Pet, Hidden Beast.
- Lowered drop chance on spiderlings.
- Changed names of various Tu'Tara champions to better fit with the naming scheme Runic used for the Tu'Tara in standard Torchlight. Obviously a very important change!
- Noticed that Dwarven Wights have animations for attacks with an off-hand melee weapon. Subsequently gave Dwarven Wight champions a secondary weapon.
- Gave Shenk the Overseer (Deathwalker Battlemaster champion) a secondary weapon for pretty much the same reason.
- Modified PRIESTESS_MINIONS spawnclass
- Revisited damage values on elementally enchanted and spectral hit champions.
- Noticed and fixed an issue with damage on Widowmaker champions that likely made them do about double the intended amount of damage xD I debated leaving it unchanged
- Modified Blood Skeletons dug up by certain Graverobber champions to not just be the Blood Skeletons summoned throught the Summon Blood Skeleton Skill (the latter being VASTLY tougher). I was lazy originally
- Lowered Brood Mother appearance rate in first floor of Caverns
- Changed defensive trait. Blocking didn't always work for some reason. I don't expect to have fixed that, but oh well.
- Corrected speed issues with Small Troll champion
- Fixed a few typos
- Lowered appearance rate of Embershard Golems in the Fortress section a little
- Changed Embergear Golem skin
- Changed Embergolem champion skin
- Changed Brood Mother champion skin
- Beefed up the Depth Dweller a little
- Added new enemies and champs to Phase Beast portal rooms. Don't know why I never did that before.
- Changed the display names of the standard Map Scrolls so they now tell you where they lead. For example, the one that leads to a dungeon with the Mine tileset is now called "Map Scroll - Abandoned Tunnels"
- Had to redo the Dark Priestess skin for some reason? I have no idea why, but one day I was in the Black Palace and everything was fine, the next every part of the Dark Priestess that had always been transparent was suddenly white. I checked the skin and those parts were actually not transparent anymore for some reason, even though I haven't touched that skin in months. I went through all the old versions of the mod, the folder that has all the skins for both the Champions Mod and Crouching Pet, Hidden Beast, and downloaded a copy of 1.04 off of RGF only to find that there was no transparency in any of them. Now, I'm going to assume I'm not going insane and that someone
would have mentioned seeing this amazingly blaringly obvious graphical screw-up while playing, leaving me with the simple conclusion that this computer is having some issues >_>
I think there are a few changes I might be forgetting. I'll add them to this list if that happens to be the case and they come to mind
As is traditional by now, some of these changes may find their way into my other mods in the near future. Such as the unused Spectral Blade weapon that I previously purposely left out of Weapon Booster V because I wanted to use it for one of the new enemies here