Webbstre wrote:Does this mean you aren't going to implement the features we talked about before?
gluemchen wrote:Wow this is looking fantastic! Your putting your development on halt for the time beeing or completly?
Omnifas wrote:Can we post videos of it in action or do you want to wait?
Omnifas wrote:made this short video of simultaneous lever pulling in a quick dungeon:
Webbstre wrote:Well, I want to congratulate on getting this far. If someone else wanted to take over the project do you think you would let them try to finish it?
Webbstre wrote:Knucklehead and I successfully (after a lot of problems) got it to work for a little while earlier. I uploaded a 1 minute 46 second video of what we managed to do before crashing a lot. It was exciting to see it working, even partially, but a bit sad to know you've pretty much given up on it. Drivehappy, would you mind if I spotlight the project on RGF and see if there are any other programmers out there who might help you finish it?
sbseed wrote:seems you still are working on it from time to time.... at least recently. i love to see professional grade work, its very inspiring since the industry has become slightly stagnant and more often than not the basic coding for most games is sloppy. would love to hear why/how you got started on this project?
drivehappy wrote:sbseed wrote:seems you still are working on it from time to time.... at least recently. i love to see professional grade work, its very inspiring since the industry has become slightly stagnant and more often than not the basic coding for most games is sloppy. would love to hear why/how you got started on this project?
I have been working on it again recently, mostly towards Webbstre's mod contest - I might post more on what's been happening later.
As for professional grade work this project is far from it, I would consider it more along the lines of prototyping (the code is pretty "clunky").
I got started on it by writing an even more clunky form of initial networking as a proof of concept with some ugly Ogre hackery. Dengus had a better initial implementation that used the game functionality to build "real" characters. Our first version used a single source file with about 3,000 lines of test code. Eventually I redesigned this out into an object-oriented approach that mirrored Runic's class variable layout and handled events from the functions that are hooked from the game into said classes. The thesis should get into the technical details if you're interested.
Even now there is only one source file for handling hooked functions and it's grown to around 3500 lines. I think if this project were to last longer I would probably redesign it again (gotta love iterative approach to design ).
RMUK wrote:Edit: Must say though, I'm tempted to grab TL on steam as well, *just* to try this out
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests