[CLASS] Vindicator

Want to share your mod with the world? Feel free!

Re: [CLASS] Vindicator

Postby spacepirate » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:08 am

quyengiamdoc wrote:Please, can you give me item's files that include only Des, Vanquist, Alche and Vidicator class?? It's so flexible when it also includes Spiritist and VALKYRIE class (many wrong wardrope and textures file) cause I want to put it into other mods easily without conflict... especcially with Spiritist's mod , Valkyrie's mod and Jericho's mod, so I can save time... Honestly , i have a big ambition about creating the biggest class mod pack (just share and fun)...
Don't worry, you'll get them from the same place as everyone else when I release the next update. And to be honest, its super easy to remove the entries for the valk and spiritist out of the current version, its just really time consuming.
User avatar
spacepirate
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:21 am

Re: [CLASS] Vindicator

Postby screamosilence » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:50 pm

oh nice... an update coming soon? soooo excited right now! :D
Image
Crossfire PH player
IGN: bL1m3Y
User avatar
screamosilence
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:59 am

Re: [CLASS] Vindicator

Postby quyengiamdoc » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:49 am

Glad to hear that... By the way , i want to say that you should add a Vindicator's seperated INTRO_CINEMATIC, her voices... and ì you can , add a best suitable pet for.. (a armored monters) what do you think?
User avatar
quyengiamdoc
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: [CLASS] Vindicator

Postby spacepirate » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:45 am

quyengiamdoc wrote:Glad to hear that... By the way , i want to say that you should add a Vindicator's seperated INTRO_CINEMATIC, her voices... and ì you can , add a best suitable pet for.. (a armored monters) what do you think?
Let's go over these in order:

1. They have their own INTRO, hell, I even have a GAMEWIN made for them
2. I don't do voice work, and I'm not about to find someone to do it for me
3. The "best suitable pet" is officially "none", but I'm not enforcing it, which is why you only get the fish to transform your pet into imaginary

And I'll probably get an update out sometime tonight, after I clear up the tier2 items.
User avatar
spacepirate
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:21 am

Re: [CLASS] Vindicator

Postby screamosilence » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:47 pm

HURRAY!!! update's tonight! woohoo!
btw, about my animation prob, i think im getting those statue issues cuz of a missing 'Attack1' animation that TL cant find anywhere, and it only happens when i have serpent set in my inventory. hmm.
Image
Crossfire PH player
IGN: bL1m3Y
User avatar
screamosilence
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:59 am

Re: [CLASS] Vindicator

Postby spacepirate » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:42 pm

screamosilence wrote:HURRAY!!! update's tonight! woohoo!
btw, about my animation prob, i think im getting those statue issues cuz of a missing 'Attack1' animation that TL cant find anywhere, and it only happens when i have serpent set in my inventory. hmm.
Attack1 is there, it's just that TL drops Attack1 quite a lot when its trying to load something and fails. You need to dig around and see if it happens while casting or equipping something specific. It also happens (usually rarely) when the mouseover tooltip tries to load info.

Updates out. Skill trees and abilities have been redone, so make sure to drink your respec potions and respend those skill points.
User avatar
spacepirate
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:21 am

Re: [CLASS] Vindicator

Postby Omnicide » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:06 pm

spacepirate wrote:
screamosilence wrote:HURRAY!!! update's tonight! woohoo!
btw, about my animation prob, i think im getting those statue issues cuz of a missing 'Attack1' animation that TL cant find anywhere, and it only happens when i have serpent set in my inventory. hmm.
Attack1 is there, it's just that TL drops Attack1 quite a lot when its trying to load something and fails. You need to dig around and see if it happens while casting or equipping something specific. It also happens (usually rarely) when the mouseover tooltip tries to load info.

Updates out. Skill trees and abilities have been redone, so make sure to drink your respec potions and respend those skill points.


Thanks for the update, spacepirate; I think I'm going to just make a character from scratch to test out the new changes you made. 8-)
ImageImage
Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I am the baddest mother****er in the valley.
User avatar
Omnicide
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:24 pm
Location: The Ember Abyss

Re: [CLASS] Vindicator

Postby screamosilence » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:40 pm

spacepirate wrote:Attack1 is there, it's just that TL drops Attack1 quite a lot when its trying to load something and fails. You need to dig around and see if it happens while casting or equipping something specific. It also happens (usually rarely) when the mouseover tooltip tries to load info.

Updates out. Skill trees and abilities have been redone, so make sure to drink your respec potions and respend those skill points.

nice downloading now, ima go test out more things to find out whats causing it.
Image
Crossfire PH player
IGN: bL1m3Y
User avatar
screamosilence
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:59 am

Re: [CLASS] Vindicator

Postby screamosilence » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:43 pm

oh my! the new starting armor is sexy! :D black is sexy! and the sweeping strikes added more flavor to the melee build style. love it :D great job spacepirate, i salute ya, oh and can i request for a custom vindicator body skin? the one that looks like a human's? XD

Edit: had a CTD when i equiped the zoromun's ideal(dragonscale icon) i think this was already mentioned by someone. anyways here's the ogre.log's last line
Code: Select all
23:18:20: OGRE EXCEPTION(6:FileNotFoundException): Cannot locate resource  in resource group General or any other group. in ResourceGroupManager::openResource at C:\svn\Projects\ogre161\OgreMain\src\OgreResourceGroupManager.cpp (line 799)
Image
Crossfire PH player
IGN: bL1m3Y
User avatar
screamosilence
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:59 am

Re: [CLASS] Vindicator

Postby laharl9999 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:23 am

I have a bug with this mod.It is the only mod in the mod folder.
I installed last version (1.6) in a mod folder called Vindicator and merged all media folders inside, after executing the remove_binary.
First when I use a skill the character "freeze" and stop animations but can still move.After that there is a runtime error (I remember somethig with visual basic...)
Anyone else having this bug ?
Is there a fix for the animations freeze ?
User avatar
laharl9999
 
Posts: 219
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:56 pm

Re: [CLASS] Vindicator

Postby Omnicide » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:34 am

laharl9999 wrote:I have a bug with this mod.It is the only mod in the mod folder.
I installed last version (1.6) in a mod folder called Vindicator and merged all media folders inside, after executing the remove_binary.
First when I use a skill the character "freeze" and stop animations but can still move.After that there is a runtime error (I remember somethig with visual basic...)
Anyone else having this bug ?
Is there a fix for the animations freeze ?


I remember this happening when I first started using the Vindicator mod. It would do the same thing every time you put your first skill point in a new ability and tried to use it.

I haven't tested the new 1.6 update yet, but you should be able to simply escape out of the game, quit, and restart the game and things should be okay again. If this doesn't work, spacepirate will probably need to fix it.
ImageImage
Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I am the baddest mother****er in the valley.
User avatar
Omnicide
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:24 pm
Location: The Ember Abyss

Re: [CLASS] Vindicator

Postby N3MES1S » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:32 pm

I like the new starting outfit and i like the new mantra animation :p, good job Omnicide. Btw, since the animation of the Mantra doesnt fit the description of the skill, will not be better to change the name to "Mantra Potion" or something like that? :p i still need to try the sweeping skill, the leap attack is still very OP, u can advance with no problems at all only with the leap attack skill. Maybe if the leap attack is active only at higher levels will be better for balance, i dunno. Still, like always, i love it no matter wat =)
N3MES1S
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:50 am

Re: [CLASS] Vindicator

Postby Omnicide » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:23 pm

N3MES1S wrote:I like the new starting outfit and i like the new mantra animation :p, good job spacepirate. Btw, since the animation of the Mantra doesnt fit the description of the skill, will not be better to change the name to "Mantra Potion" or something like that? :p i still need to try the sweeping skill, the leap attack is still very OP, u can advance with no problems at all only with the leap attack skill. Maybe if the leap attack is active only at higher levels will be better for balance, i dunno. Still, like always, i love it no matter wat =)


I edited your post. ;)
ImageImage
Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil because I am the baddest mother****er in the valley.
User avatar
Omnicide
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:24 pm
Location: The Ember Abyss

Re: [CLASS] Vindicator

Postby N3MES1S » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:33 pm

Omnicide wrote:
N3MES1S wrote:I like the new starting outfit and i like the new mantra animation :p, good job spacepirate. Btw, since the animation of the Mantra doesnt fit the description of the skill, will not be better to change the name to "Mantra Potion" or something like that? :p i still need to try the sweeping skill, the leap attack is still very OP, u can advance with no problems at all only with the leap attack skill. Maybe if the leap attack is active only at higher levels will be better for balance, i dunno. Still, like always, i love it no matter wat =)


I edited your post. ;)



Ops. :oops: (between you, spacepirate, phanjam and other "Aces" the confusion invades my mind =) thx for the edit.

Tried the sweeping strike, its awesome :p, u resolved the problem of the mangle using 2 handed weapons in a very effective way =)
N3MES1S
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:50 am

Re: [CLASS] Vindicator

Postby spacepirate » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:14 pm

N3MES1S wrote:I like the new starting outfit and i like the new mantra animation :p, good job spacepirate. Btw, since the animation of the Mantra doesnt fit the description of the skill, will not be better to change the name to "Mantra Potion" or something like that? :p i still need to try the sweeping skill, the leap attack is still very OP, u can advance with no problems at all only with the leap attack skill. Maybe if the leap attack is active only at higher levels will be better for balance, i dunno. Still, like always, i love it no matter wat =)
It's actually "Healing Draught" now. I forgot that I had changed only part of it. (since I never read my skill names anymore :oops: ) But I'm glad you like the new outfit, I felt it was more appropriate to have the cloth/leather starting gear, so it looks more like an upgrade when you get those first few drops. When I get more time I'm also going to put more into the Vind item sets, and that includes a 2 piece set that gives 2% block with the regular starting blades, with a more matching appearance.

And to be honest, you could advance with no problems before, so leap is going to stay as-is for a while. :lol:

N3MES1S wrote:Tried the sweeping strike, its awesome :p, u resolved the problem of the mangle using 2 handed weapons in a very effective way =)
Yes, after seeing how the melee side was so reliant on magic as to make using strength pointless, I decided it would be better to give a stronger physical aoe, and spectral echo worked out well enough. It's less reliant on procs now, but that means its probably going to end up being more OP than it was previously. Oh well.
User avatar
spacepirate
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:21 am

Re: [CLASS] Vindicator

Postby N3MES1S » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:46 pm

Well, i am playing with some mods that gives me some strong weapons... (for example the kriegmeisser mod) and combined with the sweeping strikes it is very very very easy =) u kill everyone in almost 1 hit, even the normal mobs of the non-history maps (of course i only have the leap and sweeping strikes skills leveled up) . I kill a story boss in 3-4 hits.. i should start a game without stronger weapons, to see how much it changes the balance of the difficulty. Or maybe i will just try the HC mode, i played in VH since i can remember lol. The -10 mana is a good balance idea, but again, with some new gems from other mods, if i am lucky i can get +12 mana regeneration or more and i can use leap + sweeping strikes... o_O

BTW, i discovered a crash when trying to equip a Dragonscale Chest, any ideas?
N3MES1S
 
Posts: 206
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:50 am

Re: [CLASS] Vindicator

Postby spacepirate » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:07 pm

N3MES1S wrote:BTW, i discovered a crash when trying to equip a Dragonscale Chest, any ideas?
Looks like I screwed up the dragon armors. They're looking for zealot_dragon_body.png, and it's actually zealot_dragon_chest.png.

Affected files:
\[CLASS]Vindicator\media\units\items\armor\d_chest_unique_11a.dat
\[CLASS]Vindicator\media\units\items\armor\d_chest_unique_11b.dat
\[CLASS]Vindicator\media\units\items\armor\d_chest_unique_11c.dat
\[CLASS]Vindicator\media\units\items\itemtier2\armor\epicd_chest_unique_11a.dat
\[CLASS]Vindicator\media\units\items\itemtier2\armor\epicd_chest_unique_11b.dat

Since these are the only 5 that reference this in any way, a solution until I next update would be to find \[CLASS]Vindicator\media\wardrobe\vindicator\zealot_dragon_chest.png and rename it to zealot_dragon_body.png
User avatar
spacepirate
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:21 am

Re: [CLASS] Vindicator

Postby screamosilence » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:36 pm

finally! i can wear that zuromon armor set!! woo ive been craving for it eversince i looted it! :D thanks for the workaround, and good luck on the next update.
Image
Crossfire PH player
IGN: bL1m3Y
User avatar
screamosilence
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:59 am

Re: [CLASS] Vindicator

Postby spacepirate » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:44 pm

screamosilence wrote:finally! i can wear that zuromon armor set!! woo ive been craving for it eversince i looted it! :D thanks for the workaround, and good luck on the next update.
Well, the "correct" way to do it is to redo the 5 file entries, but that's for the sake of naming conventions. There's really no difference in going with either *_chest or *_body.

In all honesty, I probably had it named zealot_dragon_body.png, and changed it to zealot_dragon_chest.png to match the other heavy armors, but forgot to correct the files. And epic zoromun is using the assassin graphics, for what its worth. :lol:
User avatar
spacepirate
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:21 am

Re: [CLASS] Vindicator

Postby screamosilence » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:10 am

ive discovered another item bug see this
Spoiler: show
Image

its supposed to be a serpent boots icon, when i tried to wear it, the game crashed. i think this is also causing me the statue bug.
Image
Crossfire PH player
IGN: bL1m3Y
User avatar
screamosilence
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:59 am

PreviousNext

Return to Mod Showcase

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests