I went and contributed to the kickstarter fund. I chose the option for the glossy rule book. I'm looking forward to them bringing up their operation far enough to start selling pre-packaged part kits.
I went down into the dungeon and dug out the old Lego collection this morning. Sometimes it's good having a pack rat-ish family. Unfortunately this is the challenge I face:
The Lego box of doom. The picture doesn't really show it but there's a ton of crud in there such as loose change, random broken action figures, old AA batteries, pieces of board game and just some straight weird stuff. My brother was in charge of the Lego collection for the longest time and he wasn't the most fastidious steward. So I pull out a couple of handfuls at a time, sift through to find the parts that I need or ones I think I can make something cool out of. This is the sifted box and the jar of usable parts after a couple of hours this morning:
I have about 90% of the parts I need but the other 10% are critical ones for making important joints that I don't have enough of. I'm also not sure what kind of consistent color scheme I'll end up with. Probably black with some blue or red highlights but I've also got quite a bit of white. It's really just a big mish mash. I plan on placing an order for whatever else I need soon. Thankfully I won't need much so I can keep the cost down.