Very interesting points! Especially the epic map thing. But thats the same direction hellgate wanted to go (pay for content), and everybody was against such an approach. But i liked it. I know that that the difference is the micro transaction system though...
One of the main reasons why I was against the Hellgate-Method was that you didn't have access to your pay stuff if you stopped paying. If you found some special armor in a pay level and then stopped paying you couldn't use that armor anymore. I'm no longer the type for subscriptions...
Like Webbstre said, if you sell the maps on a one use basis and get to keep everything you find there then a lot more people will think: Ok let's give this a try.
various members wrote:[*]XP increase
* Magic/Special find increase
* mounts (permanent) -> buying more for a certain time is extremely annoying (e.g. ROM )
* Respec stones
* It would be awesome to rent an Admin to host a 1 hour session on instanced play for your party. The admin would act as GM to make an ultra awesome and real-time customized adventure.
* A Remort/Retirement feature on the MMO
* Added special effects (visual) for my skills, if they cost an extremely small amount... like the leftover 50 cents of currency from a big purchase.
The retirement feature sounds interesting. You could make name an heir (or multiple) who gets all that character's paid stuff (like a permanent mount, unused maps, etc): To my overly emotional sister Jenny I bequeath...
More ideas for additional maps:
* puzzle maps where you've got to solve puzzles (as in Zelda games) like pulling switches or moving crates in the correct sequence to proceed.
* multiplayer pve maps with big battles
Your guild could start in a small shack and you could increase it in size and style numerous levels: House, Large House, Mansion, various sizes of castles. You could increase the size with ingame items like gold and improve the looks with real money.
* Lets say by default your castle looks old but you could upgrade to white marble or a pitch black stone, maybe even a mixed pattern.
* You could improve the beds or just some and assign the quarters according to guild rank.
* You could integrate you guild logo into the game (after review of course) and display it on the guild hall banners.
* You could make guild robes (social clothes) with your guild logo that you can put over your armor.